Header Ads Widget

test

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday, February 11, 2022

Everyone has to go through bad phases, there is still some cricket left in me: Ajinkya Rahane

Ajinkya Rahane
Ajinkya Rahane. (Photo by Gareth Copley/Getty Images)

Veteran Indian cricketer Ajinkya Rahane opened up regarding the criticism he has faced in recent times for his lack of big scores. Rahane made it clear that he is a cricketer who believes in his abilities and stated that he was batting well in South Africa.

The right-hander also added that every cricketer will go through a bad phase in his career. Rahane also made it clear that he will not run away because of his lack of form, but will accept the fact and move on.

“I believe in myself. In South Africa, I was batting really well. I made some contributions. I accept that I am going through a bad phase. Everyone goes through phases like these. There were players who had gone through this before me. And, there will be players who will go through this phase after me as well. Everyone has to go through this phase and this is not permanent. Neither am I running away from it nor am I hiding, I am simply accepting it,” said Rahane in a chat with The Times of India.

Those who have gone through bad phases have made comebacks too: Ajinkya Rahane

Ajinkya Rahane also added that he still has some cricket left in him, and he is also looking forward to playing the shorter formats of the game as well. The 33-year-old also said that he is now focused on giving his best for the Mumbai side in the Ranji trophy.

“I believe there is still cricket left in me. Not just Test cricket, the shorter formats also and I am really looking forward to that. Right now, I am just focussing on the Ranji Trophy and want to give my best for the Mumbai team,” said Rahane.

Adding that he is confident he will be back in the Indian side, Rahane concluded by stating that cricketers who have gone through bad phases in the past have also made comebacks.

“I am confident that I will be back (in the Indian team). I do believe in myself. This phase is not permanent and I am learning from it. Those who have gone through this phase, have made comebacks too,” concluded Rahane.



from CricTracker https://ift.tt/LNZSXHf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot